Dear ParentsCOVID-19 Corona Virus Announcement The announcements made by our President will have a direct impact on the day-to-day activities in our lives and specifically at Alma Mater International School and College. We urge our parents and students to support every effort by the Government to contain this virus in order to restore normality to our lives. Kindly visit The South African government's Covid-19 portal at sacoronavirus.co.za for more information regarding the COVID-19’ regulations. In light of the fast-developing nature of the pandemic, Alma Mater will proactively review how the situation evolves and will adjust the teaching arrangements when necessary. Alma Mater School is open and operating in accordance to the guidance of COVID 19 compliance. We have updated our calendar, and have implemented a phase-in approach in accordance to capacity allowances.
To view the calendar please select phase or applicable grades:
- High School Updates
- Pre-Primary School Updates
- Primary School Grades 1 - 3 Updates
- Primary School Grades 4 - 7 Updates
The admissions office will be working remotely and will be available on the following contact details:Simone Redelinghuys
Tel: +27 10 501 0195
Head of Admissions
Campus visits from new enquiring parents will not be permitted until further notice. Admissions interviews and queries will be conducted online. Please contact our admissions department for information regarding virtual open days and virtual tours of the campus.
GUIDELINE PRINCIPLES FOR STUDENTS RETURNING TO SCHOOL FOR FACE-TO-FACE LEARNING OR ATTEND CERTAIN LESSONS FROM THE 2ND OF JUNE 2020.
HIGH SCHOOL’S DAILY PROGRAMME
- The gate will be open from 06:30 in the morning. All students to enter at the pre-primary gate.
- School hours: Monday to Friday: 08:15 – 14:00.
- Arrival and departure times.
- Students opted for option 3 to enter the campus only at the main gate if they will arrive later than 07:45 or leave earlier than 14:15.
- Social Distancing of 1.5 m need to be adhered to at all times
- We have scheduled five classes of one hour each per day. The timetable has been uploaded onto D6 and Teams.
- Movement will be limited. Students will remain in the venue as indicated on the timetable. They will only be allowed to move to the lab for practical components and for subjects in the same key.
- Students may use the study venue only during the academic school day when they do not have a lesson. Students who have completed their lessons for the day can go home.
- Keep in mind if you opted for option 3 you will miss some of your online lessons. Ensure to be at school at least 15 minutes before a lesson commences.
- There will be no after school activity or study centre and students need to be picked up at the end of the school day at 14:00, according to COVID-19, due process must be followed.
|Option 1: Face-to-face||Option3: Combination Face-to-face And Online|
|06:30 - 08:00||14:00||06:30 - 08:00||11:30 - 12:00|
|11:30 - 12:00||14:00|
- The gate will be open from 06:30 in the morning at the pre-primary. All students to enter at the pre-primary gate.
- Social Distancing of 1.5 m need to be adhered to at all times
- Normal school hours apply, please see our calendar updates above for allocated scheduled days.
- There will be no afterschool activity, in accordance to the COVID-19 regulations, due process must be followed.
PROCEDURE ON ARRIVAL
- All students returning to school on 1 June 2020, enter at the pre-primary gate only. No student or parent will be allowed to enter at the main gate.
- Grade 12s with their own vehicle: you have to make use of the parking area opposite of the swimming pool or rugby field. No grade 12 student will be allowed to park next to the playground of the pre-primary school.
- On arrival after drop-off, each student’s temperature will be measured. A student with a temperature of 37.5 °C and above will not be allowed to enter the school premises.
- Hands will be sanitised by the staff member on duty or students may use their own sanitiser.
- It is compulsory for students to wear a mask or shield. We advise that they have an extra mask in their bags. Cloth masks must be washed daily.
- Students proceed to the venue for the first lesson. Please use yellow dots for guidance on social distancing.
- Students to sanitise their own desks and chairs before and after use. Sanitiser to be provided.
BREAKS AND SNACKBOX
- Breaktimes will be scheduled in between classes.
- SnackBox will be open. Students must order food before 08:00 and collect at an arranged time. Students may have their lunch in the study period.
- Please bring your own snacks, lunch, etc.
- All safety procedures have been put into place according to government regulations with regard to social distancing.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitised regularly.
- Soap, sanitiser and paper towels will be available.
- Please sanitise the toilet before and after use with toilet paper and sanitiser provided.
ISOLATION OF UNWELL STUDENTS
- Students feeling unwell and experience symptoms, e.g. fever, dry cough and shortness of breath report to teacher. The teacher must WhatsApp Mr. Henri Vermeulen who will escort the student to reception. Reception will contact the student’s parent/guardian for immediate collection.
- The student will be shown to the quarantine room and wait in isolation until collected by the parent/guardian.
- The parent/guardian must take the student to seek medical attention and a COVID-19 swab test.
- Students to remain at home in self-isolation until the results of the COVID-19 swab test have been issued.
- The parent/guardian must inform the school once the results of a COVID-19 test have been issued by sending a copy of the results via email to the allocated staff member of that Grade.
- Further protocols and procedures to commence.
- The teacher should immediately sanitise the students’ desk and chair. All other students to sanitise their hands.
- No contact between staff/students/parents must be allowed (no hugs, no handshakes, no high fives).
- Social Distancing of 1.5m needs to be adhered to at all times.
- Students must raise a hand to speak or ask a question, they may not approach a teacher.
- The school has been deep cleaned and disinfected and this will continue daily.
- Sanitising bottles will be available on the campus, in classes and bathrooms. Posters with information on standard operational hygiene procedure will be displayed around the school.
- All staff has received COVID-19 training.
- Visitors or parents will not be allowed on campus without prior arrangements.
- Stationery, food, and utensils may not be shared.
- Changes to the timetable and calendar will be available on the D6 or on Teams or via the Parent portal.
It remains the responsibility of each individual to take accountability for their own personal safety and the safety of others.