International education programmes and qualifications for 5 to 19 year olds. Over 10 000 schools in more than 160 countries. A true international!
Our focus is to develop well-rounded young men and women who are specifically groomed to excel at secondary and tertiary study. The Cambridge International Examinations were created for this precise purpose. Learners can also complete their A Levels at Alma Mater; this option greatly benefits learners who want to pursue careers in highly specialised fields at any University worldwide.
Qualifications On Offer
We offer three levels of qualifications:
The Cambridge Pathway:
- Grade 7 – Cambridge Lower Secondary
- Grade 8 - Pre-IGCSE
- Grade 9 and 10 - Cambridge IGCSE
- Grade 11 and 12 - Cambridge AS and A Level
Cambridge Equivalence for CAPS Students
- CAPS Grade 11 - IGCSE Certificate: Minimum of five subjects
- Grade 12 NSC without Exemption - One A Level subject and three IGCSE subjects: Four subjects in total
- Grade 12 NSC with Exemption - Two A Level subjects and three IGCSE subjects: Five subjects in total
- Post Matric ("Grade 13") - Three A Level subjects
Interesting notes about IGCSE's for South Africans
Eight IGCSE subjects is an American School Leaving Certificate. Cambridge International AS & A Levels are considered college-level courses of study. In the USA, good grades in carefully-chosen Cambridge International A Level subjects can result in up to one year of university course credit.
A number of institutions in the UK, Europe, Canada and Australia offer foundation degrees or foundation degrees combine academic and workplace skills to IGCSE students.
You can opt for an apprenticeship after IGCSE that trains you for a specific career and progression route your apprenticeship could lead to. You'll be earning while you qualify and will also gain good work and training experience, which will support your applications for other jobs in the UK. Find out more here:
Consider going straight into a BTEC degree that are designed for young people interested in a particular sector or industry but who are not yet sure what job they’d like to do. Another great opportunity to study and earn in the UK.
IGCSE English is accepted by many as exemption for English language proficiency exams like TOEFL and IELTS
Browse the recognition database for more information regarding our qualification standings across the world:
Notes on AS and A Levels
- A Levels are often referred to as a Post Matric qualification or Advance placements to receive extra admission scores/credits into South African, Canadian and American Universities.
- A Levels can be considered to be roughly equal to 1st year university
- AS Level means you have completed 50% of an A Level subject
- The best universities in the world often prefer three A Level subjects
- Some top universities will give you Advance Placement credits for completing A Levels.
- A Levels are often referred to as the "gold standard".
Build your Resume for prospective opportunities after school
Complete international qualifications:
IGCSE, AS Level, A Levels
President's Award the Duke of Edinburgh’s international award in South Africa. The world's leading youth achievement award. It equips young people for life regardless of their background, and helps them find their purpose, passion and place in the world.